Monday 24 February 2014

A Finish–of sorts

You all know my aversion to quilting the quilts, so please find the latest flimsy which will go straight into the cupboard with the other many, many flimsies. 

044

I call it ‘On A Roll’.  It’s made from two jelly rolls and some white homespun.  It’s 64” square, and it took me not very long at all, really.

It’s okay.  It was a jelly roll left over from the shop, and rather than have it languish in the cupboard I decided to try out a new pattern on it. 

049

I think it looks okay but I’m not sure I’d make it again.  That blue/brown floral sure hits you in the eye.  But what else do you do with a jelly roll?  I don’t love them.  Maybe I’m not creative enough to make something major with them.  But I find them very limiting.

052

Some of my points line up beautifully.

050

Some of them don’t.

051

Still.  It’s done, it’s photographed, I’ve tacked a label to the back of it and I can call it finished. 

Now to move onto the next UFO in the pile.

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment