Wednesday 9 November 2011

Trying to keep up

I lead a busy life, and I overly complicate it by starting too many things, buying too much stuff, saying yes too often instead of no sometimes, not finishing what I start.  I don't think I'm alone in that.  I'm one step away from being shown on Hoarders.

We've had a few medical upheavals of late and it always reminds me that we leave behind all our stuff if we disappear for others to deal with.  If I were to suddenly not be here, I'd leave such a mess for my family to deal with.  It's something that really does trouble me and I'm trying to take baby steps to rectify the situation.

I've surfed a lot lately about being organised and I really think that my year for that will be 2012.  It sure has heck hasn't been 2011!  One of my organising ideas is to make a plan for this blog and stick to it.  We'll see how that goes.

I've been blessed with visitors this week that entertained the little people a lot, and so I spent a bit more time in the sewing room than I usually do.  


Part of my problem is that I see a technique, I decide I absolutely must do it, and then when I get a little into it, it bores me rigid and I don't want to finish.  Or it's too hard or it's not working or a million other reasons.  This box of hexagons is one of those techniques.



They do look quite nice put together, but not one single one turned out the same size and the whole thing was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  I guess I could unpick them and start over, but doing that would require more work than just finishing the jolly things, so that is what I will do.  Finish it and see how it looks then.


I've also added a couple of rows to my apple core quilt.  Needs a good press, it does.  I've got about four rows to go.


And my lovely Joseph's Coat will look a lot like this when finished.  I think I have my head around how it's done, the finishing I mean.  

I'm finding making my points difficult.  Some I ace:


Some, I don't. 


But whilst I'm trying my very best to do it beautifully, I'm also remembering the mantra 'Finished is better than perfect!'.

So that's what I've been up to the last couple of days.  Hope you've had a productive time of it.

All the best, 

Suzie


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just love those Hexagons! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! They do look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy trying new things. The hexagons are great. Once they are all put together you will be happy. I've always wanted to try apple cores, but seems like the sewing would be a bit challenging. I truly love your Joseph's Coat. That is something I will put on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the points of the josephs coat really bother you. Put a small button where the melons all come together, or a small yo-yo. Remember its not a mistake, its a design opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hexagon I am going to give it a go I hope it turns out good as yours

    ReplyDelete