Friday 15 July 2011

15th July

Can you believe I just sat there and thought for ages, and that was the best title I could come up with?  Pathetic.

I didn't get a chance to do much sewing today.  I did the first step of a mystery quilt my quilting group is hosting, but unless you want to see a pile of blue half square triangles, there's not much to show for that.  I'm just about to go and cut up a whole swag of wadding pieces for a strip quilt, but again - there's not much to show there.  So I'm fiddled about in my photo archives to find something to post...and this is it:

I didn't actually make this quilt, it was one my mother did.  But it was the first time I looked at civil war fabrics and thought 'Oh yes, that's what I want to do'.  I'd always been keen on 1930's fabrics, and have a huge amount of those in the cupboard.  I guess it was an easy jump to civil war stuff.  I have too much now, I'll never use it all.  But I do love it.

Well, best go and cut wadding squares.  Hubby is watching his beloved footy team getting flogged.  I might leave him to it.

Till Tomorrow,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment